Hello! I’m Davide, the design lead for the Theme Showcase, and I’m happy to announce that after lots of research and work we are launching the foundation of what’s going to be the new theme showcase.
WHAT IS IT?
The Theme Showcase is where you find, pick, and activate or buy a theme. Currently, we are focusing on creating a new foundation, so it’s going to have less features (for now!) but hopefully what’s there is going to be faster, clearer, and simpler.
- Search for a theme by name or description.
- Filter the theme list by All / Free / Premium.
- Use the Customizer to preview and activate themes.
- Activate a theme directly from the main list.
- Details and Support links in the “…” menu.
What will work soon:
- There are some smaller pieces and bugs that we are still working on, but overall they are minor. It’s great if you find them so we know how much impact they have.
WHAT TO TEST?
We’d like to know:
- Your overall impression: does it feel fast? can you find what you want, by name, by topic, by feature?
- Any bug or frustration you feel while using it.
- What filters (columns, colors, features, …) you are missing the most, i.e. your top 3.
Try the following activities:
- Go to My Sites on Horizon, and tap “Themes” in the left sidebar.
- Try searching for a theme you know by name (if any).
- Try searching for a topic (or anything really) that you might use to find a theme.
- Try to activate a theme on your site.
- If you have multiple sites, try activating themes on both “Single Site” and “All Sites” views by switching at the top of the sidebar.
Write any feedback you have as a comment to this post, even multiple comments if you find different things at different times.
We are going to gather feedback about this specific sequence of tasks for the next 2 weeks, so until August 4th.