Hello there! I am Eric, the project lead for People Management, a section similar to the Users section in WP Admin. I’m excited to show you what we’ve been working on.
What is it?
People management allows you to view and manage users and followers of any WordPress.com site or any self-hosted, Jetpack-connected WordPress.org site.
This version of people management does not include the ability to add or invite new users to a given site. To add or invite a user, you can click on the “Add” button and you will be taken to WP Admin for the time being.
What to Test
- Are you able to view and update users?
- Are you able to view and remove followers?
- Does the flow between sections make sense?
- Is there anything that is confusing?
Note: to test on self-hosted sites, you will need a Jetpack connected site, with a Jetpack version of at least 3.7 and the manage module enabled.
To test adding people who will have access to your site:
- Add a user you won’t mind deleting later.
- Go to People Management on Horizon.
- Change the person’s role.
- (Jetpack-only) change the person’s public display name.
- Remove the person from the site.
To test followers, you will need an email address not already associated with an account on the site:
- Subscribe to your site using a test email address.
- Confirm the subscription.
- Go to People Management → Email Followers on Horizon.
- Remove the follower.
Write any feedback you have as a comment on this post, and thank you for your interest in helping to improve WordPress.com!
We are going to gather feedback about People Management until October 20th.