What is it?
It’s a small button that appears in the blue bar at the top of your page when you’ve written a post and navigated away from it before publishing. The idea is to enable you to quickly return to your in-progress draft.
Please note that the feature is only available on desktop browsers. On a mobile browser, it won’t show due to limited space.
What to test?
We’d like to know:
- Have you ever felt lost in returning to a draft?
- Does this feature solve that problem?
- Is it obvious under which circumstances the button is visible?
- Would you have gone about addressing the usability concern differently?
Try the following activities:
- Start a new post, write a few lines, ensure the post is saved, then navigate to the Reader.
- Browse a bit around the site, notice that the button is still there.
- Click on the button to go back to the post.
Note that this feature should be considered experimental, and may be removed altogether at a time in the future if not deemed an improvement.
We are going to gather feedback about this idea for about 2 weeks, until April 25th.