Hello again! I’m Davide, the product design lead for the Theme Showcase. Today we’d like to open for feedback our next big piece related to themes: the theme details page.
What is it?
The theme details page includes all the informatoin about a single theme: screenshots, overview, feature details, setup instructions, live preview, and links to support pages.
- All the details about a theme: overview, setup, screenshot.
- Live preview.
- Activating the theme if you’re already a user, registering with that theme if you’re not (logged out).
- Box with theme features.
What will be added soon:
- Related themes
Note also that this design is meant to accommodate other changes in the future: taller screenshots on the right for example, which is why today the page might seem a bit too heavy on the left. In other words, this is the foundation that will enable future things to be tested and added.
What to test?
We’d like to know:
- Your overall impression: does it present a theme better than our previous showcase page (example)? Is it easy to find the setup and support information? Is it intuitive to activate the theme?
- Any bug or frustration you feel while using it.
- Anything that you feel it’s missing?
Try the following activities:
- Go to My Sites on Horizon, and tap “Themes” in the left sidebar.
- Pick any theme, tap “•••” and select “Details”.
- Check the page that shows up, and imagine you’re reading it like you would to choose a new theme.
- Do the same for a few different themes.
- If you have a test site, try enabling a few themes and see how the overall process feels.
Write any feedback you have as a comment to this post, even multiple comments if you find different things at different times.
We are going to gather feedback about this specific sequence of tasks for next week, and if there aren’t any major issues, we’d like to launch this feature around June 13th.