Hello everyone! With release dates fast approaching, we would like to get as much feedback and testing as possible, as soon as possible, for our work in integrating the new WordPress block editor into WordPress.com.
What is it?
The new WordPress editor makes it easy for anyone to create rich, flexible content layouts with a block-based UI. All types of page components are represented as modular blocks, which means they can be accessed from a unified block menu, dropped anywhere on a page, and directly edited to create the custom presentation the user wants.
Blocks can be rearranged and positioned just right, showcasing your content with a unique and professional-looking design.
How to test:
- Go to the new WordPress editor on Horizon and select a test site.
- For the deepest integration experience, try activating either the Photos or Radcliffe 2 theme on your test blog. But don’t worry – the new editor works with all themes.
- Create a new post, using whichever blocks and media you choose. For some inspiration, you can see the live demo.
- Publish your new post.
- Verify it looks as you would expect on your site.
- Try embedding a video from any of our supported video services.
- If you participate in a site with multiple types of users, try creating a post from another role such as Editor, Author, or Contributor.
/into an empty block to search for which block you would like to add next.
Feedback we would love to hear from you:
- Let us know about specific tasks you tried to accomplish, their steps, and what you saw as results.
- Were there any problems that blocked you from completing your writing goals?
- Did you notice any styling or layout issues?
- How did you find working with media and embeds?
- How did writing in the new editor compare to your past experience of writing on WordPress.com?
- Is there anything else you’d like to share about your experience with the new WordPress editor?
Please leave your feedback and comments below. Thanks so much for your help!