What is it?
With this update, you will be able to rotate, crop (including preset image ratios), and flip images directly from the media library.
To Help Test
- Go to https://horizon.wordpress.com/post and select a site if prompted.
- Click the “Insert Content” button (a circle with a plus symbol inside).
- Upload a new image or select an existing one.
- Click the “Edit” button at the lower left of the media window or click the pencil icon that appears on the selected image when you hover over it.
- Click the “Edit Image” button on the image details screen.
- Try out rotating, cropping, and flipping images.
- Try to restore the original image and check to make sure it worked.
- You cannot yet click on an existing image in the post editor to get to image editing. You must use the insert image button in order to edit an image.
- The Image Editor isn’t available for private sites or Jetpack sites managed through WordPress.com yet.
We are planning to test this feature until Monday, December 12, 2016.
Please provide feedback in the comments on this post and thank you for testing!