Hey testers! I’m Jacopo, a developer working on WordPress.com, and we’d like your feedback on a new feature — Comment Management.
What is it?
This is a new sidebar menu that allows you to manage all of your comments on WordPress.com.
Up until now, the notifications panel was the only place where you could manage comments on WordPress.com. In notifications, you can like, approve, trash, spam, and reply to comments. This will work for most people, but we also want to provide a dedicated comment management interface for advanced users.
For those of you who have used the WP Admin interface for managing comments — we are completely redesigning the interface on WordPress.com to make it easier to use.
I won’t explain the interface too much, because it should be easy to understand. If it’s not, we want to hear all the feedback you have if you run into any issues! Here are just a few benefits of the new interface:
- Easy to use on your phone.
- Condensed list makes it easy to read more comments at once.
- Quicker load times.
You might notice that some features are missing. We are working hard to add some major enhancements in the near future! These are some of the features we are planning to add soon:
- Bulk edit.
- Quick actions in the comment list.
- An info panel that will show more user detail, like IP address.
- Comment editing.
- Comment searching.
- Block users with one click.
What to test?
- First and foremost, manage your comments! Make sure all of your routine actions behave as expected (like, approve, trash, spam, reply).
- Try undoing several actions.
- Switch sites if you have more than one.
- Try using a Jetpack site.
Write any feedback you have as a comment on this post, and thank you for testing!
We are going to gather feedback about this idea for five days, until Monday, August 14, 2017.