Hi everyone! I’m Jan, designer for WordPress.com’s Reader. We’d like to get your feedback on v1 of New Post Notifications, a new feature we recently added to the Reader.
What is it?
When you Follow a site in Reader, it’s easy to miss new posts especially from your favorite sites.
To help address that, we now let you opt-in for New Post Notifications. If enabled, this will allow you to receive notifications (desktop and on any device with the WordPress app installed) when your favorite site publishes a new post.
This setting can be accessed from the Site Stream (this is where you find a stream of posts coming from a single site.
What to test:
- What is your overall impression?
- Were you able to successfully enable new post notifications? If not, can you please explain why?
- Was the new post notification setting easy to find?
- If you navigated away from the site stream, is it obvious how to turn this setting back off?
How to test:
- Go to Reader on Horizon.
- Find a site you would like to get new post notifications from.
- Navigate to their Site Stream.
- Follow this site and enable the “Notify me of new posts” setting.
- You should get a notification in your Notifications panel when this site publishes a new post.
Please leave your feedback and comments below. Thanks so much for your help!