Hello! I’m Davide, the design lead for the Theme Showcase. We’re about to release some interesting improvements to the way we manage Jetpack websites and we’d like your feedback.
WHAT IS IT?
If you have a Jetpack website you will be able be able to do two new things: upload a new theme directly from the showcase and to try and activate any of our free themes.
- Uploading any theme on your connected Jetpack site.
- Trying and activating free WordPress·com themes.
- Deleting uploaded themes.
What will work soon:
- Live Demo of free themes link from the “•••” popup action menu.
- All Sites view still missing (if you have more than one site).
WHAT TO TEST?
Try the following activities:
- Make sure you have at least Jetpack 4.4.2 (quick installation link) and it’s connected to WordPress.com.
- Go to My Sites on Horizon and select your Jetpack site.
- Open “Themes” from the sidebar.
- Try to upload a WordPress theme (you can download the zip from the .org showcase).
- Try to preview and activate uploaded themes.
- Try to preview and activate free themes.
- Try to delete an uploaded theme.
WHAT TO REPORT?
We’d like to know:
- Your overall impression: is there anything confusing?
- Are the messages clear enough?
- Any bugs that you find.
Please add any feedback as a comment on this thread.
We are planning to test this feature until Monday, February 6, 2017.